Birthday of Swami Brahmananda
Disciple of Sri Ramakrishna, First President of the Ramakrishna Order
Swami Brahmananda on Meditation
You practice meditation and japam; you progress a little, then comes a period of dryness. It seems that the doors are entirely closed. At that time it is necessary that you stick to your spritual practices with infinite patience; by so doing you will find one day that all of a sudden the doors are opened. What a great joy it is then! In spiritual life many such thresholds have to be crossed.
AS you sit down to meditate, think of the cravings of the mind as mere dreams. See them as unreal. They can never attach themselves to the mind. Feel that you are pure. In this way purity will gradually fill your mind.
Latest Issue Available for Download Now
In this Issue:
- Life Changing Wisdom – Wise & Witty Quotes of great thinkers
- Kerala Floods Relief Report
- Tributes to Swami Vivekananda on the 125th Anniversary of the first World Parliament of Religions
- Wisdom of the Gita highlighting the links between Renunciation & Conservation
- Coming Events – Including the Public Celebration of Sri Ramakrishna’s Birthday on Sunday March 10,2019
Well-known writer & blogger, Walter Mason, will join our speakers’ panel and we’ll be
treated to the sublime music and song of Dr.Kim Cunio & Heather Lee, stars of ONENESS
the play on Swami Vivekananda staged at the Sydney Opera House in 2013.
- Vedanta Book News features extracts of an interview with English writer Nicola Barker reflecting on
Sri Ramakrishna and her most unusual biography on him: The Cauliflower. Also, Shashi Tharoor,
well-known commentator, writer and politician, featured on ABC TV and Radio has a new book: Why I Am a Hindu, now in stock.
- The Vedanta Answers Q&A session with Ramakrishna Order President, Revered Swami Smarananandaji, continues.